Web Developer vs. Online Website Builder
What does a web developer do?
A web developer does at least two jobs: The design part is more artistic and can perform with a skill set that includes the site’s ergonomics and visual layout. Developers are more programmers, or they can work more efficiently on how the website will function. You have to find someone good at developing and designing, most importantly, who will charge a reasonable price.
A web design company comprises developers and designers working together (probably some SEO and marketing professionals too). This is an option for medium to large companies due to the high cost.
What is an online website builder?
The online software offers users a user interface and hundreds of templates for building websites. Major companies include web.com, godaddy.com, wix.com, and WordPress, but many others compete. By paying a small amount per month, clients develop their website via a drag and drop interface. Various companies reduce their software learning curve, so building a basic website is quick and easy.
Web Developer vs. Online Website Builder
Web Builder Pros:
- Fast: Companies can get their website up and running within 24 hours, as compared to hiring, a company can take 4-6 weeks from start to finish.
- Affordable: Businesses can invest a minimal investment in a website that can be activated in hours.
- Design: The templates offered are better than they were five years ago, but your business will not be different than any other business using the same platform.
Web Builder Cons:
- Search Engine Optimization: Most online website builders have poor SEO tools, or some have none at all. This will prevent someone from finding your business after you have spent hours creating your own business. This wastes time and sales.
- Design: Templates are not customized to the business and tend to look generic. Also, stuck with the template that you selected and can’t add something for the lead generation to the template.
- Costs: These platforms are a small investment to start but can take hours from the work of promoting your business in other ways.
- Difficult to use: These tools look like an easy-to-use form but can be difficult to change. These products usually have a learning curve, and you can use their tools only.
Pros & Cons of a Website Developer
Web Developer Pros:
- Professional Design: To be honest, when you ask a web developer to develop and design your website, you are paying for professional work. These are individuals who know how to create cohesive, beautiful designs for your business and ultimately increase your business’s sales. They are also aware of how to customize your site’s unique design to represent your online brand and match your offline brand.
- Optimized for conversions: Website developers will design your websites based on the best customer experience for conversions that drive sales. Isn’t it important to increase your online presence? Most template-based sites do not have a clear path to website visitors, leading to fewer sales and, ultimately, losing revenue.
- Search Engine Optimization: It allows a professional web developer to research keywords to identify the best keywords to rank and ensure that your site is tagged and optimized for those keywords. Make sure it is structured as this is a much important step.
Web Developer Cons:
- Cost: The primary cost is higher as compared to using an online solution. Remember to consider the cost of time or employee time when building yourself.
- Time to Launch: Because you are creating a custom site for your brand, using a website agency can be time-consuming. Site development can take 3-4 weeks, depending on site complexity, and changes can take an additional 3-4 weeks. This part can be faster, based on your willingness to respond quickly to changes.
Website Builder is the perfect tool for bloggers, hobbyists, and businesses just starting. These businesses usually start with a concept that has no startup funding or an unproven idea.
If your small business produces over $200,000 a year in revenue, hire a website developer. This business tends to generate more business on professional websites. A Professionally Designed Web Is Essential If you’re a local business in a highly competitive industry, SEO benefits found with the local search are immeasurable.